Job Requisition:Electro-Optical Test Engineer
The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) currently has an opening for an Electro-Optics Test Engineer to work in our Dayton / Beavercreek, OH office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers, to design and perform a variety of electro-optical experiments for an applied R&D contract. Experiments are primarily laboratory-based, with some field testing.
- Perform requirements definition for testbeds and test equipment for a variety of electro-optical experiments, based on provided test objectives.
- Design, procure parts for, build, align and calibrate custom testbeds and test equipment.
- Design, procure parts for, build and test instrument control and data acquisition hardware.
- Modify and develop data acquisition tools using software such as LabVIEW.
- Modify and develop data reduction and analysis tools using software such as MATLAB.
- The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in electro-optics, physics, electrical engineering, systems engineering or equivalent related field and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have a Top Secret Security Clearance and ability to maintain it.
- Experience with the following: operating electro-optical equipment such as, sources, detectors, sensors, lasers, characterization equipment; collecting, analyzing, interpreting data, writing test plans, documenting test results and generating reports; performing computer-based data acquisition and analysis.
- Experience with lasers, sources, optics, electro-optics, detectors, cameras, calibration equipment and diagnostic equipment is required.
- Must have experience with analytical software such as MATLAB, Mathcad, or Mathematica.
- Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must have strong mechanical skills, and also possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with MATLAB and LabVIEW. - Master’s degree in listed fields.
- Experience is desired in testbed design, build, alignment, and calibration; data acquisition development; and test planning, data collection and test reporting.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Optical Engineering1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.