Job Requisition:Cyber Security Engineer
Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD. The selected candidate will serve as a member of the Information Assurance team and support a full spectrum of Information Assurance activities specifically focused on cyber security related to mission systems operations in support of aircraft and associated ground systems. As a subject matter expert the candidate will inject into each stage of the Risk Management Framework processes to include but not limited to the development of Artifacts, identifying IA Controls based on system categorizations, creating policies and procedures and working POA&M items as required to reduce system risk required to support each step of the Risk Management Framework process.
Primary duties include but are not limited to develop System Security Plans, support vulnerability management, STIG Compliance, support project managers with ATO efforts, conduct annual IA control reviews and table top exercises as well as proactively performing gap analysis for process improvement. The individual must be a self-starter who can work well in both a team and individual environment to be successful with minimal oversight. The Cyber Security Engineer will be the primary interface with the project manager for the system to work all Certification and Authorization to receive and or maintain the Authorization to Operate (ATO).
- Support Accreditation, re-accreditation and continuous monitoring activities in eMASS and XACTA to support Risk Management Framework (RMF) Authority to Operate (ATO) Packages
- Utilize compliance and vulnerability security scan tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), NIST RMF workflows, processes
- Generate and analyze security scan tool reports to brief customer on the results of these scans
- Develop technical and written solutions to cyber security vulnerabilities (e.g. AD Group Policy, Local Security Policy, Windows/Unix scripts, documented mitigations)
- Support engineers of other disciplines in the security posture of products
- Assist Information Security Systems Manager (ISSM) in the development and maintenance of multiple accreditation packages
- Assist with other IA compliance activities as directed by his/her supervisor
- Travel about 25% to customer and testing sites
- Prepare for and support SCA-V Assessments on ground and Aircraft Systems
- A current DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance required to start
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or related discipline and 8+ years of related experience; additional years of experience and certifications may be considered in lieu of a degree
- A DoD 8570 certifications of IAT Level II or higher or IAM Level I or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, CISSP, CISM)
- Strong background in cyber security engineering or related information technology field to document system security policies and associate them with associated IA controls
- Previous information technology experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with eMASS enter and maintain System Certification and Accreditation Packages
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS, SCC, Nessus)
- Basic foundation and understanding of Active Directory Group Policy, Local Security Policy, and Windows scripts
- Basic understanding of and/or experience with virtualization architectures (VMWare, Citrix, Hyper-V)
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with NIST RMF SP 800-53
- Proficient with MS Office products to include Visio
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Expert interpersonal skills when working as part of a team and capable of working independently when required
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience with CENTCOM Letters of Instructions (LOI)
- Experience with NETCOM Authorization and Accreditation processes
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.