Leidos is seeking a Systems Quality Engineer to work on the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) NextGen Air Traffic Management programs with the goal of making sure milestones are met and activities are performed as required by contract.
Responsibilities both as a member of a team and independently:
• Ensure quality assurance processes and procedures are being implemented as required by the program Quality Assurance (QA) Plan
• Perform audits, reviews, and inspections of hardware and software program activities to make sure they comply with program processes and ISO 9001/CMMI level 3 requirements
• Analyze defects in conjunction with System Engineering and Software/Hardware Plans to drive improvements in the verification & validation of requirements
• Utilize procedures/tools to verify software and hardware requirements
• Integrate new hardware and software into the system baseline
• Validate test procedures to make sure there is no system regression issues of core capabilities
• Perform Root Cause analysis of non-compliant items
• Perform Documentation reviews
• Witness formal testing
• Support new business proposals
Qualifications: Requires Bachelor’s degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent work history and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of quality assurance experience. Experience with excel and earned value cost account management. Strong verbal and writing skills.
Preferred Qualifications: FAA Air Traffic Domain Knowledge, Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools, Excel, Air Traffic Management (ATM) / Control software development, Software development for high availability systems, Flight data processing, Graphical user interface (GUI) development, Database creation and maintenance, Use of adaptation in ATM systems.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.