Job Requisition:Sr. ServiceNow Business Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) mission. The mission of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Service Management Office (SMO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available and cost-effective information technology services. SMO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
The ServiceNow Senior Business Analyst must have experience with ServiceNow. The candidate is responsible for effective use of data provided by cost estimators to create overall cost versus benefit assessment while considering functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns. The ServiceNow Business Process Analyst must have experience in the analysis of IT business and information environment, activities, and events. Must have experience in finding trends, errors and reviewing data with report writing skills.
- Translate user requests into technical language that the developer can understand.
- Acts as liaison between the customer, product owner, project manager and the technical team.
- Leading and scheduling meetings w/ product owners and customers.
- Working closely with business and IT teams to gather requirements via user stories to support ongoing business needs for Service Now configuration, implementation and support.
- Working with multiple projects simultaneously and completing project activities in a way that minimizes project risks and issues in a client services organization.
- Gather and understand requirements from the process owners and translate them into functional and technical requirements.
- Proactively research and suggest enhancements to processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with ITSM, ITBM, ITAM, ITOM process owners to assist with the design and development of IT solutions using ServiceNow.
- Follow, maintain and apply documentation best practice policies, procedures and process throughout ServiceNow development.
- Assist with simplification and standardization of tools and processes.
- Take notes and send to stakeholders.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in business administration or computer science discipline is required with 5 years of professional experience; or 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education. (13 total years of experience if no degree.)
- Must possess a minimum of 1 year of ServiceNow experience.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a quiet area/office to work from to properly understand customer requests.
- Must have initiative and positive attitude to lead meetings with customers.
- Must be able to translate technical terms into laymen’s terms and vie-versa.
- Must work well under high pressure.
- Must enjoy providing excellent customer service.
- Must be professional and courteous, as the BA is the first team member to meet with the customer.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, including PowerPoint and Visio
- ServiceNow - CMDB, HAM, SAM, APM, TPM, EM, ITSM, ITBM, ITAM, ITOM
- Coding experience is a plus
- Service Now certification is preferred
- ITIL certification is preferred
- MS Project is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.