The Mission Support Operation is currently soliciting a Editor for a language services contract supporting an Intelligence Community customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). The Editor will be responsible for checking the accuracy and style of the translation, ensuring adherence to customer standards for grammar, style and format, tracking errors, and providing feedback to writers and management.
Languages Supported: Any and all languages of Africa; East Asia and Pacific; Europe and Central Asia; Latin America and Caribbean; Middle East and North Africa; South Asia.
The Editor will be responsible for ensuring that all products are grammatically correct according to idiomatic American English and meet designated customer style standards. They will develop and maintain a language services quality control and quality assurance program. Editors will monitor the accuracy and completeness of the translated products by systematically selecting jobs from all personnel for review. They will provide effective feedback on product issues to linguists to assist in their development. Editors will track linguist errors to make recommendations on advancement and training.
- US citizen
- A test may be given to assess editing skills
- Have native-level oral and written fluency in English
- Requires a BA degree and/or 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with/or 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Have experience editing, technical writing, or related experience
- Have the ability to review and edit translated media to ensure accuracy, correct syntax and expression usage, and correct use of the English language
- Have strong critical thinking skills, sound judgment,
- Have excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills (English); be able to provide succinct instructions in high-pressure situations, often under time constraints
- Be able to adjust to constantly changing priorities and demand
- Have the ability to provide corrective and constructive feedback to linguists; become a subject matter expert in customer product standards
- Be proficient in MS Word
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skills
- Have previous experience working as a linguist
- Have the ability to accurately provide cultural and ethnic context
- Previous experience working in traditional or non-traditional media (e.g., radio, TV, newspaper, press agency, Internet) or journalism
- Have experience conducting Internet Research
- Have working knowledge of a foreign language
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.