Job Requisition:Project Management – Radio Frequency Spectrum Management – IFF
The Leidos National Airspace System (NAS) Implementation Support Contract (NISC III), supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Spectrum Engineering Office, currently has an opening for a Project Manager with expertise in Radio Frequency Spectrum Management.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the FAA Spectrum Engineering mission to provide every pilot and air traffic controller interference-free communications, navigation, and surveillance services by serving as a liaison with the DoD and tracking contracts, tasks, deliverables, and spending.
Resource will be responsible for planning, organizing, and managing work tasks to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives associated with DoD Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) systems and their compatibility with National Airspace System (NAS) aeronautical systems.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring that all projects run within scope, time, and budget constraints.
- lnterface with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel spread over a geographically large area.
- Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Develop solutions to problems and issues that are unclear and require thorough analyses and understanding of domain knowledge.
- Communicate with Department of Defense (DoD) and project team members, receiving analysis reports from team members and distributing for comment and finalization, coordinating quarterly update reports, and managing spending for labor, equipment, and travel.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience; Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional related work experience may be substituted for individuals without a degree.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be a US citizen with current security clearance or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance within the first year.
- Engineering project management background with knowledge of telecommunications, Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDCs), government inter-agency/reimbursable agreements, contracts, and/or radio frequency spectrum management.
- Civil and/or military aviation expertise.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.