Job Requisition:Cloud Software Engineer
The Defense group at Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a software engineer experienced or interested in migrating applications to cloud native environments in Charlottesville, VA.Telecommuting/remote/telework is available for some work but this is not a telework position.
Our team is responsible for transforming the application footprint of the Air Force from legacy data centers to commercial cloud environments in both AWS and Azure.
This position will be responsible for implementing migrations strategies with the aim of utilizing cloud-native services, with a focus on the use of automation and delivering applications that are easily sustained with cloud native tools. The engineer will be a key member of our cloud migration team, and will be responsible for close collaboration across Leidos teams.
- Executing the migration plan for legacy applications to utilize cloud-native services - primarily Azure
- Design and implement automated deployment solutions for various customers and environments
- Provide feedback on DevOps methods, migrations, and cloud technologies to the team
- Be devoted to knowing the latest trends in the Cloud domain and various solution patterns.
- Open to adopting new/other technologies.
- Be an engaged member of the technical team with daily effective communication and participation
- Requires BS degree in relevant field with 2 years relevant experience, or MS degree with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles.
- Proficient in Cloud technologies.
- Experience with or using some combination of the following:
- Build & CI automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Scripting languages (e.g. bash, python, Go)
- Full stack development
- Network design & troubleshooting
- Source code management tools & artifact management (e.g. git / BitBucket/ TFS)
- Team collaboration tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Demonstrated usage of Agile and DevOps processes and activities on project execution.
- Detail and results-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to grow and develop along with the needs of the team and Leidos.
- 8570 Compliant (Sec+ certification or higher) or complete the certification within 60 days of employment.
- Must be a US citizen
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance (SSBI preferred)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.