Job Requisition:Technical Writers/Editor
The Leidos Military Veterans Health Solutions currently has a contingent opening for Technical Writers/Editor to support the Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program located in the National Capital Region (NCR). These positions are eligible for telecommuting.
Candidate will be required to:
- Provide technical writing, document preparation, editing, and communication support and coordination consistent with VA, Cerner Corporation, and Leidos practices, for the development and production of project deliverables, work products, and other documentation for the EHRM project.
- Responsible for reviewing, editing and determining established document standards.
- Clearly convey information to produce technical documentation for programs developing analytic methodologies.
- Edits, proofreads and provides writing support on technical and/or non-technical documents in support of program goals and objectives, for example Interface Control Documents, and System Analysis documentation.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style, to include 508 compliance.
- Support standardization and adherence to project documentation templates and support the continuous improvement of documentation development and review processes throughout project execution.
- As needed, provide other technical writing services to include scheduling of conference lines, Web-based meetings, and meeting locations, preparation of agenda/meeting materials, documenting meeting minutes and action items, distribution of post-meeting documentation/materials to current project personnel, and timely posting of materials to applicable websites and/or repositories, such as SharePoint.
Review complex documentation and provide guidance to the authors on how to adhere to established template standards clearly.
- Use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, Illustrator and Visio.
- On occasion the Technical Writer maybe responsible for preparing process documentation.
- Maintain configuration management of in-process and completed deliverables in the Leidos SharePoint/Vector, Cerner Desktop, or VA SharePoint as appropriate to the specific deliverable.
- As requested, work with project and technical staff in the formulation, development, editing, and revision of project documentation and deliverables. Collaborate with content owners and subject matter experts, illustrators, and other key individuals in coordinating/preparing the edited drafts. Review rough drafts and makes suggestions; check drafts for format, clarity and overall cohesiveness.
- Be a good corporate ambassador when engaged with suppliers, vendors, subcontractors, other prime contractors, other company departments, and in community activities.
REQUIRED Skills: The Contractor shall have advanced experience in the following:
- Demonstrated experience using MS Office applications, to include MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Experience with document formatting, editing, structure and logic flow, as well as writing for non-technical audiences.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Media, Technology, or a related field coupled with 5+ years of experience as a Technical Writer. Production and/or editing of implementation plans, process/methodology documents, monthly reports, technical user and administrator guides, training material, and other related documents.
- Experience working as a part of a virtual team dispersed within the continental United States.
- Requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a NACI Clearance.
- Active VA clearance and active PIV card.
- Experience working on VA Programs a plus.
- Experience with VA, DoD, or other Federal agencies.
- Experience with health systems and environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.