Job Requisition:Web Content Developer
Web Content Developer
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a WEB CONTENT DEVELOPER to support a project at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI). The position will be located in the Bethesda, Maryland vicinity.
The successful candidate will work in an agile and fast paced environment supporting NIH scientists, researchers, and IT professionals whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems. The Web Content Developer will have the unique opportunity to interact directly with NHLBI staff to manage the entry and release of content to various NHLBI websites. Individual must be a motivated, driven team player who interacts well with others, and a good communicator.
The successful candidate will participate in all web development activities including triage, development, testing, review, and release to support the maintenance of websites in the existing portfolio. The candidate will be responsible for performing website maintenance to both static HTML and Drupal-hosted content. Must be very detail-oriented with strong development skills, and work to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of content in multiple environments.
BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, existing active HHS/NIH public trust clearance is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users and provide a high level of customer service
- Experience in designing web site navigation, creating and presenting wireframe design artifacts
- Experience supporting and maintaining websites that are Section 508 compliant
- Ability to work independently and proactively to achieve team and individual objectives
- Flexible and adaptive, with the ability to quickly change course and use multiple technologies to achieve required outcomes
- Strong attention to detail
- Providing improvements and supporting functionality-related site improvements based on audit findings, metrics, user feedback, stakeholder input, and requests from NHLBI staff and contractors
- Responsible for helping formulate an effective, responsive design
- Providing collaborative support for monitoring and day-to-day management of web content related requests through email, ServiceNow and JIRA
- Supporting and facilitating content governance, change management, and other guidance to NHLBI staff and contractors
- Prepare communications and deliver presentations on recommendations for site and content enhancements
- Analyze and refine requirements related to website development, and collaborate with the customer in a fast-paced environment
- Able to serve as a functional expert of the Intranet and public websites
- Active contributions to the continual improvement of process and Drupal development
- Active contributions to all UI / UX decisions
- Ensuring that websites meets NHLBI standards such as internal NHLBI approvals, 508 compliance, plain language review, taxonomic tagging, and search engine optimization
- Experience working on Federal Health systems and websites (especially NIH)
- Experience using issue tracking systems, e.g. ServiceNow, Remedy
- Experience with source control systems (GitHub, Team Foundation Server) and source control management practices
- Web Analytics – example Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webtrends, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.