Job Requisition:Geospatial Analyst
Are you interested in pursuing a career in Geospatial Analysis or Airborne ISR, traveling to exciting locations supporting missions around the globe? We have opportunities for you on the Army Buckeye Program!
Our Geospatial Analysts collect, process, and disseminate high-resolution 3D geospatial information working with LiDAR data and electro-optical imagery in a production environment at CONUS and OCONUS locations. Team members may also have the opportunity (on a voluntary basis) to serve as Aircraft Sensor Operators during remote sensing data collection missions. Standard OCONUS deployment rotations are 3-4 months and our Analysts work out of our Alexandria, VA office when not deployed.
- Understand the collection and processing of tactical and wide area mapping imagery and LiDAR
- Ensure proper collection of data for accuracy and quality
- Process raw LiDAR and electro-optical data to final products
- Color balance and orthorectify imagery, mosaic imagery into seamless maps
- Process GPS trajectories, edit LiDAR point clouds, and create digital elevation models
- Perform QA/QC and ensure proper data management
- Troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, and collection equipment
- Work closely with pilots and processing teams to plan and execute missions
- Operate and maintain airborne LiDAR and imagery acquisition systems
- Complete necessary field logs and data transfer duties
- Ensure safe and secure use of company equipment and instrumentation
- May install and operate GPS, communication equipment, and various airborne sensor platforms
- Bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of experience; OR 6+ years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Ability to obtain a DOD Interim Secret security clearance within the first 6 months of employment
- Ability/willingness to travel about 50% of the time and work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Meet Program training and DoD medical examination requirements for deployment, including meeting all CONUS Replacement Course (CRC) deployment requirements
- Possess relevant knowledge and experience with digital cartography, image processing, computer technology, geographical information systems, geospatial production techniques, and digital data formats
- Be a self-starter who works well with small teams as well as individually
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability/willingness to fly in the airborne system for extended times as required
- Ability to obtain a FAA Class II medical certificate or military equivalent as well as successfully complete altitude chamber/physiological training as required
- Active DOD Secret Clearance or higher
- Previous experience with commercial-off-the-shelf geospatial software such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Microstation, TerraScan, ERDAS Imagine, etc.
- Formal training as a Geospatial Analyst or Sensor Operator as well as familiarity with ISR applications, tools, and systems
- Background working with military customers
- Current FAA Class II Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.