The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opportunity for an experienced Principal Software Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance for a program in Annapolis Junction,Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Prototype Development Support (PDS II) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, PDS II looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the PDS II program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: A software developer with an analyst mindset who develops capabilities designed to help solve common problems arising from various analyst offices is needed. The primary focus will be on prototype development in the area of analytics and streaming analytics focusing on message characterization and communications of SMS and IoT traffic. The individual may also work directly with customers to gather requirements and feedback.
Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 12-15 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Experience with Java/Pig MapReduce
- Experience with customer GHOSTMACHINE analytic development
- Experience with NiagraFiles (Nifi)
- Experience with DataXplorer (DX)
- Familiarity developing analytics in the QTA (Query Time Analytics) environment
- Knowledge of SMS protocols
- Experience using Apache Heron for streaming analytics
- Experience with IBM InfoSphere Streams
- User Interface development experience with Node.js and React
- Experience with Python and Apache Spark
- Good interpersonal skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.