Job Requisition:Information Assurance
The Civil group at Leidos has a career opening for an Information Assurance (IA)/Cyber security Engineer on a USDA contract. This role is primarily located in New Orleans, LA.
- Act as a point of contact and subject matter expert for all cybersecurity related aspects to the assigned information systems, reviewing audit trail logs and scans, and ensuring systems are maintained per security policies and procedures, and maintaining compliance and ongoing reporting to management.
- Analyze scan results, and document findings for products as required to successfully complete continuous monitoring. Scan results and findings are to be documented according to NIST Guidelines and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes.
- Develop and maintain system security plans and associated documentation, assisting with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements.
- Document and execute a plan for each information system security assessment and testing tasks performed in support of project tasks and as tasked for approved project requirements.
- Perform information system Assessment and Authorization planning, testing, assessing and liaison activities.
- Provide risk based analysis of information assurance/cybersecurity features and relate existing system to future needs and trends and requirements.
- Assist with drafting, reviewing, and editing Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Provide the necessary support to monitor and ensure compliance with information security policies, procedures and regulatory requirements including assistance with internal auditing, reporting, technical reviews, and identification of security risks.
- Work closely with government Information Assurance team to support Authorization to Operate (ATO) accreditation conditions and requirements.
- Familiarity with Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) requirements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must possess excellent writing and communications skills; candidate shall have the ability to develop documentation and management level presentation and present the materials to the management team.
- Candidate is expected to have technical knowledge and skills in one of the following areas: systems administration, network engineering, software development, integration and testing, data analytics or security operations.
- Technical understanding of supporting security initiatives, conducting security monitoring, reporting and maintaining security compliance following security regulations and policies.
- Demonstrate potential and willingness to learn and adapt to rapid changes in technology.
- Security+, CISSP certification or other security certification.
- Requires a US Citizenship and pass background investigation.
- Network Engineering Experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.