The Defense group at Leidos has an immediate opportunity for an experienced software engineer to join our team in our new downtown Charlottesville, VA office to help our customers migrate software applications to cloud native environments. Our team is responsible for transforming the application footprint of various Air Force applications to commercial cloud environments in both AWS and Azure. Remote/telework is possible for some of the time for this role.
This position will be responsible analyzing and developing cloud migration strategies, implementing migrations strategies with the aim of utilizing cloud-native services, with a focus on the use of automation and delivering applications that are easily sustained with cloud native tools. The engineer will be a key member of our cloud migration team, and will be responsible for close collaboration across Leidos teams.
- Performing application analysis and preparing detailed cloud migration strategies.
- Executing the migration plan for legacy applications to utilize cloud-native services - primarily Azure
- Design and implement automated deployment solutions for various customers and environments
- Provide feedback on DevOps methods, migrations, and cloud technologies to the team
- Be devoted to knowing the latest trends in the Cloud domain and various solution patterns
- Open to adopting new/other technologies.
- Be an engaged member of the technical team with daily effective communication and participation
- Requires BS degree in relevant field with 4 years or more of relevant experience, or MS degree with 2 years or more of relevant experience.
- Full-stack, Agile development experience.
- Proficient in Cloud technologies
- Experience with or using some combination of the following:
- Build & CI automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Scripting languages (e.g. bash, python, Go)
- Full stack development
- Network design & troubleshooting
- Source code management tools & artifact management (e.g. git / BitBucket/ TFS)
- Team collaboration tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- Demonstrated usage of Agile and DevOps processes and activities on project execution.
- Detail and results-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to grow and develop along with the needs of the team and Leidos.
- 8570 Compliant (Sec+ certification or higher) or complete the certification within 60 days of employment.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance (SSBI preferred).
- Previous experience migrating application from datacenter to cloud.
- Azure or any Cloud Service Provider certification.
- Strong knowledge of .NET web framework.
- Experience with Java, Visual Basic and C#.
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC).
- Have experience scaling and optimizing applications for performance.
- Experience using Azure DevOps for work management.
- SQL Server experience is a plus.
- Experience with Web Services, Micro-services and Service Oriented Architecture a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.