Job Requisition:Program Information Specialist – Technical Writer
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
The Program Information Manager will manage document activities contributing to the successful execution of a long term multi-billion dollar nuclear deterrence program and be responsible for maintaining and directing a document management protocol for the program. In addition, the Program Information Manager will support the Program Management Office with technical editing, meeting agendas and minutes, and briefing preparation.
• Researching documentation files and interviewing long term program participants to capture and catalog historical program documentation.
• Establishing the document control process and directing the project team in its implementation.
• Maintaining a document repository under configuration control.
• Attending program reviews, conferences, workshops, and other program task related meetings; recording and transcribing meeting minutes and action items and publishing them to the appropriate audience.
• Establishing standards for program documentation and directing the project team in their use.
• Technical editing, briefing preparation, and quality control for technical and process documents.
• Writing, editing, and maintaining program management office operating procedures.
• Active DOE Q and/or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of 4-8 years of related experience with document management and technical editing.
• Research skills and experience.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and SharePoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing correspondence, briefings and program plans for senior and executive managers
• Related experience in a government, DOE, or military office.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.