Job Requisition:Configuration Manager
The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a Configuration Manager to support a large healthcare contract in Windsor Mill, MD
Provides operational configuration, and change management experience and expertise to The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) IHCCS, OPP and HIGLAS hosting programs. This position will also provide business process and analysis support to the programs. Leads, coordinates, and tracks all configuration/change activities under operations and new implementations as part of the program while evaluating impacts and risks to the customer and business mission. This person will be responsible for all CM across multiple data centers and formal tickets and action items between the IHCCS, OPP and HIGLAS customers and Leidos. CM also includes validation and verification of tickets to work performed as well as auditing usage of ITSM toolsets, processes, and procedures. The nature of the work requires the individual to perform much of their role autonomously, making decisions regarding which issues to escalate to management, while working in a matrixed environment. This candidate will also be the lead for the configuration management data enter Visio mapping/drawing diagrams for each data center. The candidate will lead the auditing and reporting personnel in the auditing of the asset to configuration item relationship. The successful candidate will be expected to analyze and breakdown difficult problems and determine appropriate solutions that will be accepted by the client and program stakeholders.
- Represent the program at internal and external reviews
- Lead operational reviews to meet target objectives
- Analyze and predict problems using trending and ticket analysis before they occur and push forward with solutions and risk mitigations to avoid issues
- Provide monitoring and alert recommendations and solutions to more efficiently and accurately meet stakeholder needs
- Facilitate functionally diverse workgroups to develop common elements such as systems needs, features, requirements, common configurations and test specifications
- Facilitate workgroups to promote and champion the use of information system components
- Participate as a collaborative project team member in developing and implementing information system components
- Develop, deliver and gain endorsement for key project deliverables such as needs assessments, decision items, and various briefings
- Articulate results to a diverse audience to gain concurrence and acceptance
- Apply principles of effective communications, change management, and configuration management using ITIL principles and framework
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
-Experience with CMS processes, procedures and policies
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) outof the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.