Job Requisition:Project Manager- Remote
The Defense group at Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a technically focused Project Manager in Charlottsville, VA. This candidate should be proficient in Cloud programs and migrations to join a team responsible for transforming the application footprint of the Air Force from legacy data centers to commercial cloud environments in AWS and Azure. This is a remote/telework opportunity.
Leidos has supported the GCSS-AF team for more than a decade, and the contract is at the forefront of leading the charge in to the CCE (Common Computing Environment), utilizing multiple migration partners and multiple commercial clouds. The position will be responsible for managing multiple cloud-related efforts, including outreach and cloud education, the implementation of various engineering projects, and other duties as assigned. The position will be responsible for collaborating closely with Leidos and subcontractor teams on the contract, as well as with customers across the US Air Force, to successfully complete their duties.
- Provide project management for application cloud-related migration and engineering projects.
- Ensure effective communication occurs between Stakeholders
- Attend Scrum of Scums and track blockers to resolution.
- Manage project risks and dependencies.
- Provide project oversight for subcontracted efforts (cost, schedule, technical).
- Coordinate project scope change requests and cost variance reports.
- Participate in project kickoffs and technical discussions
- Requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Agile project management processes and tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Cost account management/financial management experience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across remote team members, management, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to guide peers, leaders, and decision makers on addressing complex issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to obtain DoD Secret security clearance (SSBI preferred)
- PMI PMP certified
- Agile Certifications
- SharePoint experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.