Job Requisition:IT Support Manager
Leidos Corporate IT is looking for an IT Support Manager to lead a group of on-site and geographically dispersed desktop support technicians in the Leidos corporate environment. This position can be based in either Reston - VA or Gaithersburg - MD.
- Manage the activities and personnel of IT Support Technicians by identifying, prioritizing, and confirming the resolution of reported problems with desktop, laptop, and networked systems.
- Ensure that all aspects of desktop support, including installation, upgrades, software, hardware, operating systems, and operating system configuration issues are properly coordinated, monitored, tracked, and resolved.
- Develop information technology projects and provide strategic management and objectives for the department.
- Manage training programs designed to educate support personnel on technical initiatives.
- Interpret, implement, and administer policies that typically affect individual employees of a subunit.
- Provide administration and technical supervision directed by established policies and procedures.
- Support the execution of end-user and device management initiatives.
- Perform a full range of managerial duties for supervised employees, including recruitment, salary administration, performance reviews, counseling, and employee development.
- Act as an escalation point of contact in support of customers, as well as the support of all IT systems in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Note: This is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee’s job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of desktop support experience in a large corporate environment. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of prior experience as a desktop support supervisor or team lead
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows in an enterprise environment
- Experience creating and documenting IT processes and procedures
- Strong technical understanding required to support enterprise networking LAN/WAN and associated hardware and cable plants.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a federal security clearance is required
- Experience in supporting Mac OS and iOS devices
- Microsoft Visio network documentation experience
- MCP/MCSA/MCSE, A+, Network+, Security+
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.