Job Requisition:Senior Financial Analyst
Leidos has a Senior Financial Analyst opening in support of the FAA Customer on the NISC III program.
In this role you will be responsible for the preparation of the detailed monthly invoice for the FAA customer.
Significant interface will be required with the program manager, task order managers, contract management staff, project accountants, customer, senior technical personnel, project finance lead, as well as other functional organizations.
Participate in the financial planning, tracking analysis, and reporting of the program financials, as well as support requests from the FAA customer.
The responsibilities include:
- Prepares a detailed and accurate monthly invoice for the FAA Customer. Provides thoughtful invoice substantiation and back-up support to delineate charges.
- Develops recommendations to improve invoice accuracy and cost substantiation.
- Supports cash goals of reducing total cycle time for invoicing and collections.
- Provides travel support, including effective auditing and invoice cost substantiation.
- Completes monthly cash flow, profitability, unbilled, and other reconciliations and analysis for the program.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of both revenue recognition and management of Estimates to Completion (ETCs) and Estimates at Completions (EACs), as required and/or needed.
- Participates in the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), customer deliverables, and Quarterly Forecasts.
- Develops recommendation to improve the quarterly forecasting accuracy.
- Provides financial and program support to the task order managers in regions and headquarters.
- Generates and submits weekly accounting journal entries for the program, including reclassification of overhead charges and travel charges.
- Supports ad-hoc cost reporting and performance analysis.
Typical education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Management Systems or related degree.
- 4-6 years of prior relevant work experience
- Candidate must be able to perform functions such as financial administration, financial analysis, cost accounting, and general accounting. Must be able to extract data from multiple sources and effectively summarize the current financial position of the program.
- Candidate must have a comprehensive knowledge of the project finance field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments.
Note: his position requires a problem solver that can pull together knowledge from a broad range of subjects to produce thorough analyses of complex, challenging issues, and use those analyses to find solutions.
- Candidate must be committed to customer service, be well organized, be able to plan and prioritize assignments, and be able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional.
- In order to be successful in this position, the candidate must have the ability to work with remote teams and in a fast paced environment.
- Candidate must have proposed and implemented project/program improvements.
- Candidate must have a strong background in the entire Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, particularly in the development of formulas, v-look ups and macros.
- Candidate must demonstrate advanced analytical.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Expertise with current Leidos financial policies, procedures and applications.
- Proficient with Leidos standard tools for project finance, such as Excel, Costpoint, OBI, Fusion, etc.
- Experience in customer communication and financial presentations.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Program Financial Control2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.