Job Requisition:Configuration Management Analyst - ITIL Knowledge and Logistics
Leidos is seeking a candidate to serve as a member of the NASA NEST Configuration Management team. As a member of the configuration management team, the candidate will utilize documented processes and tools to track the assets in the technology-driven, fast-paced NASA computing environment. The candidate will work with other NEST Team members and Leidos program to utilize proven ITIL-based processes to identify tools and processes to support the efficient maintenance of the assets stored in the NASA change management database (CMDB). The candidate will work with NASA and NEST team members to gather the data required to generate timely reports that will enable all parties to get up-to-date views into the NASA and NEST assets. The candidate will use ServiceNow and other tools to verify that the CMDB contents are accuracy and current. This position will give the candidate exposure to the inner workings of the NASA environment through the tracking of the keys assets used to support that environment.
• Serve as a member the NEST configuration management team.
• Learn the tools used to support the NASA NEST environment and use those tools to support the timely gathering of asset data. The candidate can also identify ways to help automate the CMDB population.
• The candidate will leverage their knowledge of IT enterprise infrastructure and the infrastructure elements to help populate the CMDB and its related hierarchy. The CMDB will be stored in the NASA ServiceNow instance.
• The candidate will leverage points of contacts in other NASA organizations to gather the data required to populate the CMDB. The candidate will work with NASA and other contractors to help gather the data required CMDB information.
• The candidate will help generate reports showing the latest status of the CMDB.
Basic Qualifications and Typical Education:
• Bachelor's degree and 2-4 years' experience or equivalent years of experience.
• Working knowledge of ServiceNow or Remedy is required. ServiceNow knowledge is preferred.
• ITIL v3 certification recommended.
• Experience in populating a CMDB, including a knowledge of reconciliation methods.
• Very good knowledge of client-server architectures and data center components - Windows/Linux servers/desktop and macOS.
• Very good communication and documentation skills - required to generate detailed CMDB reports
• Basic scripting experience would be a plus (e.g., PowerShell, Python, etc.).
ITIL v3 certification.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.