Leidos is looking for experienced, energetic individuals who like a challenge to support our team on the US AFCENT A6 Communications Technical Support Services (CTSS) IV program.
The Communications Engineer will support engineering, trouble shooting and optimizing the theater level communications systems as well as systems employed in the theater. Will also assist in current and emergent technologies and provide analysis on technical specifications, limitations, potential implementation, and recommend courses of action.
- Design, troubleshoot, and optimize satellite network connectivity, telephone switching equipment, video teleconferencing, microwave networks, Very High Frequency (VHF)/Ultra High Frequency(UHF) radio, and OP networking and IP based technology.
- Organize and establish engineering standards and solutions. Design solutions, troubleshoot, and optimize existing networks utilizing multiplexing and Standard Military Cryptographic Equipment.
- Engineer solutions utilizing Digital Signal Processing (DSP), Demand Assigned Multiple Access (DAMA), Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA), Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA), Timing/Encryption, and IP based transmission technologies and encryption
- Follow DoD and USAF IA/Protection Standards, Communications Security Practices.
- Design integrated systems using numerous types of electronic or mechanical components and ensure product interoperability.
- Coordinate project schedules on macro and micro levels to ensure the efficient usage of available resources.
- Perform pre-installation surveys and on-site installation management throughout the AOR.
- Review new equipment to ensure its interoperability with existing products and sustainability for long-term maintenance support.
- Analyze and evaluate existing communications networks and infrastructure and recommend upgrades or restructuring of equipment or routing to meet emerging requirements.
- Provide detailed engineering project support plans and installation instructions. Establish goals, and evaluate project modifications to ensure they meet the desired project operational objectives.
- Create budgets and modify as required to fit within available funding levels.
- Brief senior leaders on plans and current status of projects.
- Must possess a minimum of TS/SCI level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical/electronics/computer engineering from an accredited university.
- 10 years of relevant technical experience.
- Technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand interrelationships of circuits, understands Internet Protocol (IP) routing and architecture design.
Minimum of six (6) years of engineering experience in the following areas: Information Technology, IP Network Design and Architecture Development, RF Communication, Satellite Communications, Telecommunications, Tech Control, Command & Control (C2) System
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Military Communication Systems as specified in the task order.
As specified in the task order, must poses and demonstrate functional knowledge of satellite communications terminals; multiplexers; telephone switches; data network routers and switches; network servers; fiber optic and copper cable; and signal/format adapting equipment; utilize multidisciplinary experience to design communications networks from the ground up to include voice, data, radar, and special circuit distribution; create multiplexing schemes to include card selection; physical and logical bandwidth allocation, and off/intra-site connections; design parallel telephone and data networks and their associated cable plant distributions; the expertise to segregate data networks using IP schemes and subnetting; evaluate and design telephone networks; establish dial tables; set precedence and structure communities of interest; Calculate radio frequency and public warning siren coverage plots.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.