Leidos is looking for experienced, energetic individuals who like a challenge to support our team on the US AFCENT A6 Communications Technical Support Services (CTSS) IV program.
The Communications Planner will support managing, supervise and perform theater communications planning and implementation activities.
- Provide continuity for deployed USAF personnel on all projects and act as the focal point for all communication systems planning.
- Direct and lead planning meetings, video conferences, and teleconferences as required.
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), local command, and external agencies, as required, to develop and brief project plans.
- Coordinate and facilitate communications installations to include frequency authorizations, civil works authorizations, logistical work, and other allied support, as required.
- Ensure communications systems architecture, configuration, and integration conformity by coordinating engineering data through the base Communications Systems Integrator (CSI).
- Consolidate monthly reports of all communication projects as required.
- Act as a liaison with the base level USAF personnel to support USAFCENT operational requirements.
- Coordinate and process deployed base requirements as required.
- Must possess a minimum of Secret level security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree or additional experience in lieu of degree and 8 years of experience in technical specifications development, process analysis and design, technical problem solving, analytical/logical thinking, work experience in project installations of communications systems or equipment. Must have experience in coordination the work of several different activities/agencies in project completion. Must have experience in production timelines, coordaition project support agreements, and reviewing engineering design documents.
- PMP Certification or similar work experience
Minimum of five (5) years of experience with the following:
- Managing, supervising, and coordinating military communication systems
- Planning and implementation activities
- Managing communications architecture, configuration, and integration conformity
- Working and communicating with military officers
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.