Be part of the winning Leidos team and use your valued experience to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer located at Springfield/Fort Belvoir, VA.
- Provide software related advice and consultation to supported INSCOM, Army Intelligence, Army Cyber, Joint Intelligence Forces, or Intelligence Community (IC) organizations on the use of commercial and unique software programs associated with administrative, technical mission data management, and dissemination of information.
- Provide consultation support to all Portal customers on the use of commercial and proprietary software programs associated with mission data management and dissemination of information including readiness of mission operations.
- Develop, design and implement within a .NET Framework and SQL databases, automated tools for all Portal customers.
- Review proposed changes to assess impact to Portal reliability and readiness and ensure economic and efficient availability of data within appropriate safeguards.
- Develop expertise in use of automated tools for overall portal design and implementation. Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date. Develop procedures relating to underlying databases and application security including procedures by which access is authorized, enabled, changed and withdrawn. Develop procedures for periodic database backup.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge, clearly exceeding the knowledge conveyed within the normal scope of vocational training, to solve unusually complex problems (i.e., those that typically cannot be solved solely by reference to manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents) in working on intelligence systems unique to US military and DoD operations.
- Conduct analysis, design, code, testing and documentation of software enhancements to existing software baselines running on military command and control systems, defense communications and complex intelligence systems in support of US military operations.
- Assist with planning, development and application of computer hardware and software configurations specific to ISR, cyber, or Electronic Warfare (EW) systems.
- Perform a variety of software engineering duties, including benchmarking, testing and validation of software changes and quality control of Intelligence systems software.
- Perform in-depth studies, trend evaluations, statistical analysis and computer hardware/software vendor evaluations relating to supported or future systems and architectures as required by the customer.
- Provide day-to-day consultation support to all computer systems or functions including mission operations and reviews proposed changes to assess impact to software configurations. Produce reports and records relating to the above as well as, maintaining and updating all software programs including Government developed and commercially procured programs.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college/university plus eight years or more of experience involving software innovation, changes and upgrades of major security systems and certification in the following:
- MS Windows Certification
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
- Support program management or site management office in a technical role. A minimum of three years’ experience in system level programming in the current version of UNIX or Windows operating systems and programming experience with software languages such as C, C++ and other related software applications.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in web and/or portal development projects.
- Experience in performing full life cycle software development to include requirements analysis, software design and system development, software maintenance in time sensitive, signals analysis or scientific computing.
- Experience in developing system and subsystem preliminary and detailed design, design implementation and system integration and testing for all software applications. Participate in software requirement reviews, preliminary and critical design, integration readiness reviews and software acceptance reviews.
- Possess the ability to liaison with software engineering departments in an effort to maintain immediate response to critical requirements resulting from analysis of current specification data on assigned systems.
- Command of fluent English (written and oral).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.