Job Requisition:Cyber Security Program Manager
Leidos currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Program Manager with a current PMP certification. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) mission to consolidate data centers and update cloud computing services in support of the Veterans Affairs Department’s IT modernization efforts.The “Infrastructure Operations Services Support” order calls on Leidos to also provide security, architecture, application management, service desk and command center support to the VA.
The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
The Cyber Security Program Manager will perform support services within the ITOPS IO Security Management Division. This division is charged with establishing a centralized security program to address security with ITOPS IO’s projects.
Some security tasks are currently accomplished utilizing various tools, technologies, and processes that are not standardized across ITOPS (i.e. AITC, HITC, PITC, QITC, CITC, Regional Data Centers, Business Partner Extensions, External Cloud environments). Not all IT security functions are currently managed under a standardized set of processes and technologies or in a centralized format. In some cases, more than one process exists for a single function, i.e. access requests. In other cases, while a process or security system exists, its use is not commonplace at all applicable sites.
The Cyber Security Program Manager will perform systems security tasks, including System Access Management; Enterprise Risk Management; Information Assurance Service Line; Technical Security; and Vulnerability Assessment.
- Expedite and coordinate services to assist in managing complex enterprise projects.
- Manage assigned tasks to completion within the schedule, budget, and scope of the individual project.
- Ensure objectives of the projects are achieved.
- Conduct all aspects of project initiation, planning, execution and closeout per industry standards and guidelines established for Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Follow VA and ITOPS IO standards and procedures for Project Management.
- Develop formal project charters as required by the ITOPS IO Program Manager.
- Facilitate project kick-off and status meetings and communicate individual roles and project expectations.
- Conduct formal project reviews with project sponsor at project completion and review all project products to confirm acceptance and satisfaction.
- Conduct reviews with the Program Manager on a periodic basis.
- Keep the Program Manager, Customer, and project team informed of the status of the project being managed.
- Coordinate activities with existing ITOPS IO customers.
- Coordinate activities for ad hoc requests from internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans, and Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of the tasks required to execute the project. The Contractor shall develop Project Schedules that are deliverables-based and accurately depict the work to be performed by the project. All project plans, WBS and schedule work product must be retrievable by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule, and identify ways to resolve schedule issues.
- Ensure that risks associated with the cost, resource, schedule, and technical aspects of the project are identified, assessed, documented, tracked, and mitigated. All issues tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Apprise management of issues that impact the project and require management decisions.
- Develop System Development plans, track activities to the plan, and communicate status, utilizing the latest ITOPS IO Project Management tools.
- Assess variances from the project plan, and develop and implement changes as necessary to ensure project remains within specified scope as well as time, cost and quality objectives. All variances tracked must be accessible by the COR/VA PM(s) for any reviews and approvals required.
- Maintain a collaborative environment with key stakeholders(s).
- Participate in the development of project standards, procedures and quality objectives. The Contractor shall utilize industry and EO established project standards, procedures and quality objectives without requiring assistance from others. All documentation shall be provided to the COR/VA PM for approval prior to any implementation or changes.
- Identify artifacts needed to establish and maintain control of the project. Create and utilize those artifacts mandated by VA and ITOPS IO standards.
- Communicate assigned responsibilities to project members for developing artifacts and performing project activities.
- Review project management activities with Senior Management on a periodic basis.
- Review project-planning activities with the Project Team on a periodic and event-driven basis.
- Develop estimates for project’s effort, costs, and critical computer resources according to the specific application.
- Notify all affected groups of approved change orders.
- Track effort, cost, critical computer resources, development activities, and schedule, and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Make and use measurements to determine the status of planning, tracking, and oversight activities.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline plus 15 years of experience. And additional 10 years of experience may be substituted for education.
- PMP Certification
- Experience managing program level issues
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.