Transmission & Distribution Lead Project Manager - Atlanta, GA
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for a Lead Project Manager within the electric power delivery industry that has strong Transmission and Distribution experience as well as EPC/Design Build project management experience.
Lead Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Manage the overall engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and logistics efforts for transmission, substation and distribution projects for a large scaled T&D program for an investor-owned electric utility in south eastern United States
• Responsible for overall project performance as well as managing the scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance of multiple T&D projects
• Ensures project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits
• Interfaces directly with the client to report progress, costs, schedule and risks across a portfolio of substation, transmission and distribution projects
• Lead a team of project managers, construction managers, construction inspectors, schedulers, project controllers and engineers that oversee direct assigned work to multiple design build/EPC and logistics contractors
• Consistently communicate and work with ease across multiple program and function support areas including: client, EPC project teams, functional leadership, subcontractors, and support personnel
• Primary communicator with the sponsor and key stakeholders on project issues
• Oversee various and specific proposal development efforts that accurately defines the project scope, schedule and budgets
• Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, line managers, and interfacing organizations
• Write comprehensive and technical and project reports
• Must demonstrate recent and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects with expert knowledge in managing large scaled Transmission and Distribution Programs
• Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Economics required with an additional 15+ years’ of relevant Project/Program Management experience or a Masters with 13 years of relevant Project/Program Management experience
• Must have demonstrated success with a team approach to the consulting business
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills
• PMP Certification is preferred
• Periodic travel is required
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.