The Defense Operation of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Test Engineer in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. The Test Engineer will work closely with architecture and software engineering teams to verify software functionality, in addition to collaborating with the training support team to document processes.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Work in an integrated team capacity, frequently coordinating with Systems Engineers, Architects, Software Developers and Build Engineers
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and/or modified system components.
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
- Provide technical support to other engineering groups
- Guide and direct lower level personnel on the set-up and performance of tests
- Participate in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing (ST), Smoke Testing (SmT) and Integration/Interface Testing (IT), and Regression Testing (RT), Operational Testing (OT), and Acceptance testing (AT)
- Work closely with the Lead Test Engineer to support program milestone events such as Critical Design Review (CDR)
- Provide back-up Lead support; assign testing tasks to other team members, monitoring progress, run team stand-ups and support Program Management meetings and customer facing meetings
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience with web based applications and software deployment testing
- Experience with all aspects of developing and executing a test program
- Experience with test and operational environment identification and coordination for installation and checkout
- Experience with test process development, test case design, test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and test reporting
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems integration and testing, test planning, development and execution testing including experience with Army products and interfaces
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress and close issues while working on particular application releases.
- Experience with all phases of a project lifecycle development process (analysis, design, code, test, migrate).
- Experience with automated test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages
- Experience with network architecture and communications
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with Command and Control (C2) systems or distributed weapon systems
- Familiar with VMF and USMTF message sets
- Familiar with Combat Net Radio (CNR) and or SATCOM communications
- Basic understanding of Army and Marine fire mission processing
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Experience with testing involving ATEC, JITC, or other government agency
- Experience testing with the Joint, NATO, or Coalition community
- Experience supporting any military experiment or exercise i.e. C4ISR, MRX, Red Flag, Blue Flag
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-188-220 and other military standards
- Familiarity with Extensible Map Platform; NASA WorldWind, GeoServers and other Map technologies
- Understanding of RS-232/422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NLB network protocols
- Experience working with Raytheon Taclink modems and tactical radios (R/T 1523, AN/PRC 152(A), AN/PRC 117G, AN/PRC 155 )
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.