The QRC AISR Group located in Bridgewater, Virginia has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer. The job of the Systems Engineer is to provide onsite and remote support for multiple manned aerial ISR platforms to our customers at CONUS and OCONUS locations. We are looking for motivated self-starters who want to join a team dedicated to excellence and continuous progress. Selected candidates will participate in engineering activities at any point in the system development life cycle including systems analysis/requirements definition, design, development, integration, testing, acceptance/deployment, sustainment/maintenance, and evaluation. Experience with Remote Sensing Systems, Video Distribution, Tactical Radios, and IT Principles. 25% Travel CONUS/OCONUS.
- Utilize Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to provide solutions to a variety of problems, establishing Standard Operating Procedures, creating and maintaining documentation, and training materials in accordance with established configuration management, safety and quality assurance processes.
- Manage the full life cycle of aircraft mission systems to include researching, design, procurement, cataloging, installation, testing, and maintenance of Radios, Satellite Communications Equipment, and Remote Sensing Systems in support of the division’s Quick Reaction Capability mission.
- Collaborate with team members, government customers, and vendors to facilitate operational improvements and provide reach-back support to perform troubleshooting, maintenance, documentation distribution, sparing, and health reports.
- Install, integrate, configure, service, and test mission systems to include establishing test standards, creating test documentation, and disseminating and maintaining system health and test reports in the System Integration Lab, the field, and on aircraft.
- Perform moderately complex duties in administering network, servers, clients, and operating systems, including installing, configuring, testing, maintaining and troubleshooting assigned devices and software
- Research, recommend, and evaluate network performance, optimization, and security solutions such as how to implement updates on multi-vendor firewall and switch configurations.
- Must be a US Citizen and have an active SECRET clearance
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of relevant information technology experience. 4 additional years of experience would be required in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Security+ certification required within 6 months of hire date.
- Possess or be able to obtain a FAA Class II Medical Certificate or military equivalent
- Be capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Be willing to fly for extended periods
- Be capable of lifting and carrying 40+ lbs for short distances
- Experience with administering network and operating systems
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- Advanced experience/knowledge of IT principles and practices strongly desired such as certifications in Cisco, Microsoft, and/or VMWare for vSphere
- Experience writing technical documentation, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and creating training materials.
- Broad technology experience in systems engineering, ISR sensors, requirements tracking, testing and validation.
- "Hands-on" experience developing, integrating, and configuring systems for Airborne ISR programs and sensors.
- Able to obtain a passport and visa to travel internationally based on operational need
- Willing to work long, irregular hours in hardship and hazardous locations when OCONUS
- Successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires successful deployment physical, immunizations, and training
- Prior military Airborne ISR and flight operations experience strongly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.