This position is in support of the United States Attorney’s Office in Austin, TX at 903 San Jacinto Boulevard. The estimated length of this assignment is expected to be through May 31, 2020, with the potential for SIX (6) one-year extensions.
Overtime and Travel may be authorized as needed with proper approvals.
Typical assignments include but not limited to:
- Perform data entry tasks.
- Create and modify spreadsheets, presentations, and correspondence (word processing) tasks.
- Organizational and management skills to include the ability to establish and maintain electronic records as well as physical case/project files.
- Review data (for completeness of information, proper execution) and obtain data from multiple sources/agencies/databases.
- Enter and extract data from data base(s).
- Prepare and format management reports to include the manipulation, transfer, computation, and printing of information/data.
- Prepare notices/advertisements and declarations.
- Receive petitions, claims, and to process data/information sharing requests.
- Prepare and correct reports and correspondence using available software.
- Perform analytical computations to verify the accuracy of data obtained and to reconcile inconsistencies.
- Gather information and organize investigative package(s), case files and/or presentations.
- Maintain internal status information on the disposition of designated information, files, and assets.
- Distribute and receive documents.
- Assist staff in obtaining/collecting all documents/information to complete case file.
- Provide administrative information and assistance concerning case or file to other agencies or organizations.
- Perform cashier activities which consist of the Data Analyst tasks, but are oriented toward non-cash fiscal operations.
- Ability to perform driver and messenger activities.
- Other related tasks.
The above mentioned tasks can be performed in conjunction with one another or as individual tasks in association with tasks for said position in relation to the overall contract.
The primary duties for said position are Receptionist tasks to include answering phones, issuing visitor badges, greeting visitors, sorting mail, etc. and may be performed in conjunction with the duties listed above.
*Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
*Ability to perform detailed work consistently, accurately, and under pressure extremely important.
*Must be able to read and follow instructions.
*Must be able to understand task, task objectives, and the context of the task in the litigation support effort as a whole.
*Must take the initiative to ask questions when necessary to complete task correctly
(e.g. where instructions are not explicit or appear to be contrary to the task objective).
*Must have typing/keyboarding skills.
*Must be knowledgeable user of the Government's office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, database, spreadsheet, imaging, and telecommunications systems.
*Experience answering multi-line phone system.
*Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including but not limited to word processing, databases, spreadsheet, imaging and telecommunication systems.
*Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Access or other databases), Word Perfect and Adobe Acrobat Professional or similar applications.
*Ability to consistently deliver highest quality of work under extreme pressure will be very important.
*Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff.
*Ability to meet established deadlines and work as a team player in a professional office.
*Skilled in meeting and dealing with people in a courteous and tactful manner.
*Some walking, standing, bending and carrying of small office items and/or moderately heavy items.
*High School Diploma.
*Ability to obtain a security clearance.
*Valid Driver’s License.
*Must be a U.S. Citizen.
*Experience working in a Government and/or Litigation Support environment in conjunction with basic qualifications, preferred.
Undergraduate degree preferred.
*Current or active clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA General Clerk
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.