The Maritime software team has immediate openings for a System Administrator to support the development and production environments for unmanned surface vessels. These openings are located in Arlington, VA and Long Beach, MS.
The candidate will join a growing team that is working on systems of national importance. Effective communications with management and the other team members is key. The candidate will be a trusted part of continuous improvement for the team.
The successful candidate will collaborate with the development team and cybersecurity specialists to implement controls, debug system problems, and figure out ways to make the team more effective. Working with a system under development requires someone who takes responsibility for moving the team forward, writing scripts to automate things, facing problems with the team, and otherwise making sure that the team can be effective.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Candidate will be expected to handle networking administration, implementation, and operation aspects of multiple systems. Tasks may include maintaining Atlassian toolsets (JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Bamboo, etc.) and maintaining/securing development servers.
- Candidate will be responsible for setting up Linux laptops for new employees, in addition to aiding with Linux laptop issues. This includes understanding and implementing cybersecurity controls, and collaborating with other team members to install both Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux on new hardware.
- A successful candidate will be capable of taking ownership of applicable systems of the solution and pursuing the implementation across multiple technical areas.
- The candidate will collaborate with cybersecurity team members to assist in securing development systems and implementing controls.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in related technical area and minimum 2 years relevant experience. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- Must meet DoD 8570.01-M baseline certifications for IAT Level I (including a Linux certification) within 6 months of assignment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Basic scripting skills with bash and python
- Red Hat Certification
- Active DoD Secret Clearance preferred
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Bamboo, Fisheye/Crucible, Confluence, etc.)
- DoD 8570.01-M baseline certifications for IAT Level I
- Experience in development of end user operating manuals, and documentation
- Familiarity with Virtualization, particularly Vmware/Vsphere
- Experience compiling and building C++ and Java code
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.