Job Requisition:Systems Administrator - TS/SCI w/ Poly
The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Division of the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a System Administrator to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
This individual will be responsible for managing system administration support activities for a large complex network environment with geographically distributed systems. The position entails deploying and maintaining capabilities that are new to the environment. The selected candidate must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple air-gapped systems which have individual domains and supporting infrastructure and managing a complex IT environment with multiple logins and associated supporting storage and network infrastructure. Position requires an energetic, focused, and driven candidate who can adapt well to a changing environment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The selected individual will be responsible for installing and administrating systems, applications, and processes and ensuring that all issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner. He/she will be responsible for ensuring server and desktop configurations are optimized and running continuously and efficiently, and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions. The environment includes Linux and Microsoft-based servers and workstations.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintaining complex server enclaves, including establishing system scanning procedures, vulnerability management assessments, and active directory configurations.
• Planning and implementing IT enhancements and leading IT optimization projects.
• Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
• Responding to system administration, operations, and maintenance problems and developing re-work solutions.
• Creating and maintaining documentation of complex server/network environments to ensure that clear, concise and accurate information is readily available for incident resolution.
• Participate in working groups that providing technical direction for system administrators and Engineering groups.
• Communicating with users and external support personnel regarding system outages and upgrades, and conferring with upper management regarding recommended resolution options.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 4-8 years of relevant experience or a Master's Degree and 2-6 years of relevant experience. Five years (5) of additional System Administration experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree.
• At least 5 years of experience specific to Unix/Linux.
• Experience providing Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems
• Experience providing support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Familiarity with Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, and Server 2016 required.
• Experience providing support for the escalation and communication of status to management and customers.
• Experience optimizing system operations and resources utilization, and performing system capacity analysis and planning.
• Experience configuring and managing UNIX and Windows operating systems and installing/loading operating systems software.
• Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and configuring network components and implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
• Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and practices.
• Must have experience with or familiarity with software and security architectures.
• Must have experience in or familiarity with the following systems: Windows/Linux operating systems, VMware, and Networking: Switches, Routers, LANs, & cabling.
• Candidates must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
• Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
• Preferred certifications Security+, CCNA Security, RHCE, CCNA, Network +.
• Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
• In-depth Understanding of Red Hat 6.5 and Red Hat 7.
• Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, and Vulnerability Assessment).
• Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards.
• Experience with High Assurance platforms.
• Experience with application integration testing methods.
• Experience with software deployment methods for applications, patches, and operating systems.
• Experience with OS and Application Hardening to include DISA, Best Practices, and High Assurance environments.
• Experience with both Client and Server virtualization environments.
• MCP, MCSA.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration4000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.