Job Requisition:AWS Software Engineer
The selected candidate will join the CATALYST Development Team and work directly with Mission personnel. Our team uses a wide variety of AWS services to deliver critical Mission functions to Production using agile development principles. This position requires a person that can perform within a team but can also work independently with minimal guidance as situations arise.
CATALYST provides services to build prototypes of new AWS cloud-based technical capabilities, and bring those capabilities through the full software development lifecycle including agile development, system test, and transition to operations (SecDevOps). This includes all services required to support application development, systems engineering, cloud services, COTS integration, and ongoing operations and maintenance. The successful candidate will divide their time between two focus areas: 1) development of new AWS-based applications 2) supporting ongoing operations and maintenance of developed and released AWS-based applications
- Work with the software development team on the development and testing of new AWS features/capabilities
- Working independently, perform O&M for production AWS applications; monitor operations and take appropriate action as scheduled and in response to service interruptions; appropriately handle operational issues with production AWS applications to restore service or escalate to senior team members
- Interact frequently and effectively with team members, management and Customers
- Adapt to changing work requirements with multiple tasks and priorities; be flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities
- Currently holds an active clearance with the US Government sponsor (TS/SCI with Poly)
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a scientific or technical disciple with 4-8 years of relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of relevant experience or experience in lieu of degree
- Application development using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- O&M support to AWS-based applications in production, including status monitoring and trouble ticket resolution
- Software development version control (e.g., Git/Github)
- Linux environments (e.g. RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Able to communicate technical details to technical and non-technical audiences
- Documents code and shares lessons learned through mediums such as team wiki, SharePoint or Confluence
- Application development using Java, Python, Go/Golang, NodeJS or Ruby on Rails
- Experience with services/products similar to Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon ECS for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS), OpenShift
- Serverless computing similar to AWS Lambda
- AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Package management utilities (e.g., Yum, Pip)
- Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- “Infrastructure as code” (IaC): Writing and coding in products similar to AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Setting up continuous integration, continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines (e.g., CodeCommit, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Jenkins)
- System monitoring services (e.g., AWS CloudWatch, Splunk)
- Visualization applications (e.g., Tableau, AWS QuickSight)
- AWS certification
- Experience working within the Open Source Enterprise (OSE)
Clearance: Current TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.