Leidos currently has an opening for an Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to work in our Long Beach, MS office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience assist with mission success on multiple contracts. This position will support multiple programs and projects housed at that location. The ISSM will establish and document standard security procedures in accordance with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the Joint Security Implementation Guide (JSIG) requirements. The ISSM will coordinate with business area managers /professional staff on system security compliance. The ISSM will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and supporting RMF Information System ATOs. They will conduct periodic reviews to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. This will include, but not be limited to ensuring that all software, hardware and firmware changes recorded as required by established configuration management procedures. The ISSM will ensure implementation of security features for the detection of malicious code, viruses, and intruders (hackers), as appropriate. Ensure systems are operated, maintained and disposed of in accordance with applicable governing policies and procedures. Assist in performing IS security briefings to authorized individuals prior to those users gaining access classified information systems. Candidate will also assist with system administration and incident remediation activities.
- Act as ISSM for multiple systems and programs to ensure system support needs are met for certification & accreditation, system implementation, operation & maintenance, and IA compliance.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining System Security Plans (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) and all documentation associated with RMF process for supported systems.
- Provide security solutions to optimize performance and ensure security measures are optimized.
- Manage the installation, configuration and maintenance of network equipment such as switches, end point protection, patches, firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining security policies and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered.
- Responsible for responding to security incidents and for investigating and reporting security violations and incidents, as appropriate.
- Work with external entities in order to maintain the authorizations of existing systems and networks.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 – 12 years related experience in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or a Master’s with 6 – 10 years of related experience. Additional relevant experience, training, and / or certification may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong experience with Information Security, supporting processes and procedures.
- Candidates must have an active Secret clearance.
- CISSP Certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Highly desired are security certifications including a CISSP or CISM.
- Additional desired certifications include CCNA, CCSP, MCSE, and/or SANS GIAC.
- Experience with Windows and Linux.
External Referral Bonus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.