Leidos is a leader in fulfilling intelligence community watch office requirements.
Our Division has an exciting opportunity for an Entry-Level Operations / Watch Officer working in the northern Virginia area.
The selected candidate is a key member of a team of highly-qualified and motivated individuals in an exciting, fast-paced, mission-critical counterterrorism watch center / operations environment. We specifically seek candidates with an intelligence, military, or law enforcement background to serve at Watch Operations Officers at our client site.
Specific core duties include:
- Constant monitoring of multiple channels of classified and open source media for US-related threats on a worldwide basis.
- Drafting situation reports, preparation and presentation of briefing materials.
- Sorting and prioritizing intelligence and operational message traffic.
- Providing early warning and alert to key officials, and facilitating the flow of critical information to those who need it on a timely basis.
- Performing briefings at the Presidential, Joint Chiefs of Staff, or Head of Agency level
- Qualified candidates must possess strong analytic, organizational, oral and written presentation skills, and the desire and ability to perform all watch-associated duties.
Finally, candidates must be willing to work 12 hour shifts on a rotating schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Leidos offers a substantial shift differential to compensate for the client mandated schedule
- A minimum of 0 to 3 years of operational or analytic in intelligence community, military, or law enforcement fields and a Bachelor-s degree in a related field is desired.
- Current/Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Candidates must have familiarity with a variety of intelligence community databases, networks, and environments.
- Effective use of MS Office applications in a multi-level security setting and use of Lotus Notes. Candidates who do not meet this level of access cannot be considered by our client.
Desired Skills: Candidates with prior Watch Officer responsibilities from the intelligence community are highly desired. Experience working jointly with the Intelligence Agencies is also a definite plus. Familiarity with a variety of intelligence community databases, networks, and environments.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.