Job Requisition:Cyber/Indications and Warning Analyst - TS/SCI w/ Poly
The Cyber/Indications and Warnings Analyst is responsible for performing Security Incident and Event Handling for a critical DoD operational system. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong skills in Incident Response and Handling, Forensic Analysis, and the ability to quickly relay critical information to team members and management clearly, completely, and concisely.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Attack, Sensing, Warning, and Response (ASWR) analyst, the successful candidate will analyze collected data and derive facts, inferences, and projections to determine if the systems being monitored are operating normally or being attacked by an adversary. This individual will also analyze this collected data to detect an Insider Threat. The successful candidate will develop new dashboards and analytics to refine existing reports and create new reports. He/she will also work with System Engineers and System Administrators to better define the audit data being collected to eliminate false positives and false negatives from the data.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance or related field and 12 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- At least 3 years of experience with an Indications and Warnings monitoring tool.
- Experience with one or more of the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, and ArcSight .
- Experience tuning audit data to reduce number of false positives and false negatives.
- Experience in responding to detected security incidents.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of network intrusion detection methods and techniques.
- Network Security Operations Center (SOC) experience preferred.
- Experience creating Dashboards and Analytics within SEIM (Security Information and Event Management) Tool.
- Experience creating workflows for Incident Response within a SEIM (Security Information and Event Management) Tool.
- Experience with the following: StealthWatch, TripWire, Zenoss, and ArcSight.
- CISSP Certification.
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler Certification.
- GIAC Cyber Threat Intelligence Certification.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security4000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.