Job Requisition:Computer Architecture Engineer
Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team as our latest Computer Architecture Engineer working in San Diego, CA. Help us support the Missile Defense Agency in implementing advanced image processing algorithms in space qualified hardware. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative engineers can thrive as they interact with a diverse array of multidisciplinary engineers including image processing, optical, system, and software engineers. We are seeking a highly motivated engineer skilled at electrical engineering.
Fun stuff on the job:
- Work with actual space hardware, including camera drive electronics, FPGA processing boards, power systems, DSP boards, PCI & VPX busses, stepper motor controllers, health and status circuits, cryocoolers, and spacecraft data interfaces
- Conduct design trades of complexity and performance between the payload’s optical front end, algorithm implementation, firmware architecture, and the software architecture. \
- Investigate potential processing architectures which may incorporate GPUs, CPUs, FPGAs, SoC, and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Participate in all phases of the effort from detailed requirements flow down, trade studies, processing architecture design, hardware selection, firmware and software development, payload integration and test, spacecraft I&T, and on-orbit support.
- Support testing, characterization, and analysis of electro-optical systems
- Collaborate with signal processing experts, software leads, and FPGA designers
- Produce reports, presentations, and participate in working groups
Skills you must have to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with at least 3-5 years of related experience
- Domain knowledge related to computer processing architectures, FPGA firmware development, software development, implementation of hard-real time algorithms, electronics testing, and automated testing strategies.
- Familiarity with FPGA development tools such as Vivado and Modelsim (or similar).
- Familiarity with hardware development tools such as OrCAD, PSim, Pspice. Experience implementing digital interfaces such as SPI, UART, I2C, USB, Ethernet, 10GbE, PCIe.
- Ability to model system performance using Matlab or similar toolset. Familiarity with Java, C, C++, and RTOS a plus.
- Ability to use basic lab tools such as scopes and logic analyzers required.
- Strong analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- US citizenship and an active security clearance
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with working on spacecraft or for military payloads
- Experience implementing interfaces such as Ethernet, Spacewire, GigE Vision, and CameraLink
- Ability to assist in generating schedules
- Demonstrated technical leadership of small engineering teams
- Experience with adaptive signal processing
- Experience with embedded C and RTOS
- Have or are willing to obtain a top secret clearance
External Referral Bonus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.