Job Requisition:Master Scheduler
Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world?
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”, as well as company that provides:
- A stable 50-year history
- Work/life balance
- A diverse array of leadership and growth opportunities
- A strong culture, dedicated to inclusion, innovation and ethics
- Excellent benefits
- Exposure to new technologies
Leidos’ Civil Group is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation – Guiding the world’s air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Logistics & infrastructure support – Operating infrastructure for large-scale nuclear cleanup efforts
- Cybersecurity – Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Facility management & operations – Operating the world’s longest supply chain to Antarctica
- Energy engineering – Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- Environmental management – Delivering innovative environmental solutions and wildlife conservation plans
- IT infrastructure modernization – Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions – Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
Leidos is seeking a Master Scheduler to support the US Army Corps of Engineers ACE-IT Program.
The Government requires a Master Scheduler to create, modify, maintain, and retire project schedules and related data. The Integrated Master Scheduler will prepare and coordinate the modeling and re-engineering of the Integrated Master Schedule for new or existing projects and support the integration of the Integrated Master Plan/WBS into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
The IMS serves to report on current project status as well as scheduling pending work activities based on resource availability analysis. All schedules (containing milestones, tasks, task durations, dependencies, and resources assigned) required throughout the contract must be contained in the IMS. Schedules should be broken down into individual projects with related information (recent accomplishments, pending accomplishments, risks, issues, category headlines) and kept current in the ACE-IT Project Portfolio Dashboard.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be responsible for generating and maintaining the Project Master Schedule through coordination and collaboration across the program.
- Provide project scheduling and project controls as project management support on various complex projects.
- Have exceptional organizational and multitasking skills and the ability to coordinate with multiple project teams.
- Have support sessions with senior leadership, stakeholders, and project teams to elicit schedule input, support monitoring/tracking and support execution of periodic reporting against schedule performance.
- Perform analytics in support of schedule reporting, such as project tasks at risk based on forecast and actual completion.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of professional experience.
- Interim Secret Clearance required prior to start.
- Qualified candidates must be fluent in the use of Microsoft Project for developing and maintaining individual project schedules in an Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
- Strong analytical and follow through skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience in managing a Portfolio on Project Server Online
- Prior USACE/ACE-IT experience.
- Experience working in a DoD environment.
- PMI certification (PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP)
- Prior experience in creating and maintaining MS Project schedules in excess of 1,000 tasks with external dependencies.
- Conversant in EVM principles; experience using EVM a plus.
- Understanding of Resource Capacity and Demand Management
- Experience Developing Power BI Reports
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.