Job Requisition:Systems Engineer (SDLC/EVM/CM expertise) **VIRTUAL**
The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer with expertise in Software Development Life-cycle, Earned Value Management, and Configuration Management.
In this role you will provide advanced technical planning and system integration design duties for a data analysis and collaboration system.
Collaborates on the development of an overall enterprise integrated system design.
Designs complex information systems describing and defining the flow of information among users, interfaces between programs, interactions, and key data structures.
Apply extensive technical expertise within the domain of system engineering, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
Specific job duties are as follows:
- Responsible for developing system engineering Software Development Life-cycle (SDLC) documents for a knowledge sharing application.
- Interface with customer to understand and document system functional requirements.
- Converting customer requirements into detailed, functional, and technical requirements.
- Develop system engineering System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) artifacts, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS), diagrams and other documentation as required.
- Track the system from post-award until the design and development stages are complete.
- Use your good communication and writing skills and be able to clearly explain technical details and issues to non-technical individuals.
- Normally requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional relevant work experience may be used to off-set not having a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience pertaining to Earned Value Management and Configuration Management.
- Experience as a government development contractor for information technology projects.
- Familiarity with Cloud based development and deployment, especially if Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with the JIRA toolset.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology, beneficial but not essential.
- Familiarity with the FAA Joint Resources Council processes and requirements and Acquisition Management System (AMS) beneficial, but not essential.
- Familiarity with coordinating with winning contracting vendor in the design of final product based on established requirements.
- Have the ability to work unsupervised, and as part of a virtual team.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.