Job Requisition:NAS Analyst-UAS/C-UAS Security Integration
The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos is seeking a National Airspace (NAS) Analyst to provide Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS) Security integration to the FAA customer.
In this role, you will support FAA System Operations Security and implement the Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS) workflow for cabinet-level departments with statutory authority to use this technology (DOD, DOE, DHS, DOJ).
Primary Responsibilities for the position include:
- Review C-UAS coordination artifacts provided by departments, agencies and installations for suitability in meeting established objective standards.
- Work closely with established points of contact within the department/agency/installation to resolve any discrepancies.
- Attend meetings with department-level staff and FAA leadership to communicate status.
- Support the FAA in the development of a plan for the certification, permitting, authorizing, or allowing of the deployment of technologies or systems for the detection and mitigation of unmanned aircraft systems.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Normally requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience or if no degree, additional related work experience can be substituted for the lack of a degree.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret or TS-SCI clearance.
- Ability to understand an established workflow for coordinating between the FAA and its Federal partners.
- Ability to understand the safety and security implications to the National Airspace System (NAS) of UAS and C-UAS technologies.
- Experience working with at least one of the FAA’s Federal partners (DOD, DOE, DHS, DOJ).
- Ability to understand documentation as it pertains to C-UAS. Typical documents include Concept of Operations/Employment; Tactics, Techniques and Procedures, Training plans, and public outreach plans.
- Skill in communicating at the senior leadership level within the FAA and its Federal partners.
- Experience within the aviation sector, preferably with the FAA.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly evolving technology and incidents that may impact deadlines unexpectedly.
- Experience with GIS related platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aerospace Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.