Job Requisition:Research Technician III
Leidos' Bio-Behavioral Research Group is looking for a full time Research Technician III to support the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, TX (NAMRU-SA) and the Craniofacial Health and Restorative Medicine (CHARM) program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Responsible for supporting laboratory based research applying the latest scientific knowledge towards the solution of a broad range of theoretical and practical problems in the areas of hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, directed energy bioeffects, bioassay development, craniofacial, and infectious diseases.
- Implements and maintains research files.
- Assist with changes to protocols and SOPs for research under contract. (Subject to final Government approval.
- Modifies and plans research experiments, procedures, and tests (Subject to final Government Review and Approval).
- Coordinates the implementation of sponsored and PI initiated laboratory research studies, including maintenance of study records and activities associated with internal and external audits in coordination with the PI(Subject to final Government Review and Approval).
- Assists in research design.
- Assists with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
- Sets up and operates, laboratory equipment and apparatus in accordance with protocols for research under contract.
- Assists ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies for research under contract.
- Provides additional functions incidental to research activities.
- Recruits and reviews suitability of potential participants for research and/or clinical trials.
- Develops and implements recruitment strategies (for potential research participants), recommends changes to protocol, assists in initiating and maintaining established regulatory requirements and oversees work of junior/entry level contract personnel.
- Reports on status of task activities.
- Analyzes data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Provide assistance and support in the following activities: surgical procedures, operating room maintenance, animal disease prevention and health surveillance, animal housing, animal record keeping, and insuring specific pathogen free techniques; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Daily handling and restraint of various small and large animal species.
- Maintains traffic patterns, sterile equipment, pest control, and record keeping.
- Conducts daily and weekly inspections of areas of responsibility to ensure compliance with standards.
- Coordinates animal research work activities between contract personnel.
- Associate’s degree with five (5) years’ experience, or Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) years’ experience, or Master’s degree in related field.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Laboratory Scientist2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.