Leidos is hiring a Security Assistant to support the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, TX (NAMRU-SA) and the Craniofacial Health and Restorative Medicine (CHARM) program.
The Security Assistant is responsible for assisting the Security Officer with many components of the personal, physical and information security programs; services shall not include personal services or inherently Governmental functions.
- Assist with the preparation, proofreads, and edits official security SOPs related to research under contract, instructions, and correspondences (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assists in receipt of security documents (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assists in performing routine, repetitive, and automated checks and specialized data entry tasks on microcomputers that involve recurring and non-recurring technical terminology related to back ground investigations (subject to final Government Approval).
- Ensures all documents required for suitability processing are included, completed, and ready for Entry on Duty (EOD) (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assist Security Officer identify issues on security forms and obtain any missing information from applicant (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assists Security Officer in conducting self-audits, and inspections of command facility spaces, and programs (subject to final Government approval).
- Assist with customer service to internal and external customers via email and phone (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assists in creating security policies, procedures, and practices (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assists in preparing and delivering security training, briefings, and debriefings (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assists in maintaining security documentation/files (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assists in auditing classified inventory and files (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assist in auditing the Key and Lock program (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assist in properly handling and protecting sensitive data, including PII (subject to final Government Approval).
- High School diploma with at least three (3) years of administrative experience, preferably with the Federal Government.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.