Leidos is looking for a Safety Specialist Assistant to provide support to the NAMRU-SA Command Safety Officer by performing non-governmentally inherent duties related to the occupational safety and health field. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Assist with administrative support such as: maintaining spreadsheets and databases, reviewing, and monitoring policies governing the program area. Maintains program records. Prepares and submits reports (subject to final Government approval).
- Assist with professional and technical duties in support of: workplace inspections, technical review of applications, designs, or proposed plans for compliance with laws, regulations, standards, specifications, and other applicable consensus standards (subject to final Government Approval).
- Provides assistance to the hazardous chemical waste program in the following areas: receipt, classification, storage, and disposal, in compliance with local policy and applicable regulations, and supports monthly oversight inspections of satellite accumulation points (subject to final Government approval).
- Assists with surveys/inspections of laboratories, shops, and offices to identify and evaluate risk potential involving a wide variety of work environments and occupations (subject to final Government approval).
- Assist in the development of novel and innovative safety training (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assists with the Medical Surveillance Program for all personnel working within Level 1 and 2 biological laboratories. Duties involve assisting the Command Safety Officer with Occupational Health Risk Assessments, annual medical surveillance, and monitoring and maintaining the database of personnel enrolled in the medical surveillance program (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assists with ensuring applicable personnel receive appropriate immunizations or tests for the agents handled or those potentially present (e.g., hepatitis B vaccine, TB skin testing) (subject to final Government Approval).
- Provides assistance to the Safety, Biosafety, Facilities, Planning, and Equipment Committees, as well as other committees at NAMRU-SA; support mishap reporting and investigations (subject to final Government Approval).
- Assist with the implementation of programs/policies to maintain compliance and assesses effectiveness.
- Required to maintain occupational health clearance (subject to final Government Approval).
- Bachelor’s degree with at least (2) two years of experience is preferred or an Associate’s degree with at least five (5) years of experience in related field
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.