Job Requisition:Budget/Accounting Analyst
Leidos' Bio-Behavioral Research Group is looking for a full time Budget/Accounting Analyst to support the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, TX (NAMRU-SA) and the Craniofacial Health and Restorative Medicine (CHARM) program. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Responsible for reviewing proposals, request funding, evaluates spending needs, conducts analysis, as well as other duties as directed.
- Collaborates with program managers and government customers to develop budget.
- Responsible for conducting cost-benefit analysis to determine value and review funding requests.
- Responsible for assuring that budget with in compliance with all federal and state government regulations.
- Monitoring spending to ensure costs remain within budget.
- Estimate and forecast future financial needs
- Education and experience requirements are (3) years specialized experience and an Associate’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting field.
- Knowledge of all phases of the research accounting process, including budget formulation, execution, analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Experience with budget/finance/travel systems. For example the Navy uses Research, Development Test and Evaluation (RDT&E), the Standard Accounting and Reporting System, Field Level (STARS/FL) accounting system; Funds Administration and Standardized Document Automation System (FASTDATA), General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS), the Defense Travel System (DTS) and Invoicing, and Receipt, Acceptance and Property Transfer (iRAPT).; services shall not include personal services and/or inherently Governmental functions.
- Experience in running queries and reports from the financial systems.
- Knowledge in preparing SF1081 forms and submitting to Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) for cost transfers.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must possess excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret clearance
- Previous experience working with DOD
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.