Job Requisition:Flight Procedures / TERPS / Air Traffic Control Specialist
The Leidos NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Flight Procedures / TERPS / Air Traffic Control Specialist .
The NISC III contract provides technical support to various Air Traffic Control Towers, Terminal Radar Approach Controls (TRACON), Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC) the FAA Air Traffic Organization headquarters and Regional Offices.
In this role you will provide technical expertise, program transition support, and project implementation support to Operations Support, Central Service Center, and Regional Offices, in support of the concepts and principles contained in FAA Order 8260.3 Terminal Instrument Procedures Development, FAA Order 8260.19 Flight Procedures and Airspace, and other applicable Orders and Directives that pertain to Terminal Instrument Procedures (TERPS).
Additionally, you will provide technical expertise to the Operations Support Group, Central Service Center, Regional Offices, in support of operational program requirements for FAA Programs that include installation, operation, certification, and coordination for various and multiple types of Air Navigation Aids culminating in new or modified service to National Airspace System users.
- Assist FAA SME in the determination as to whether an equivalent level of safety is maintained to support Flight Procedures Standards waivers and letters of approval.
- Attend and/or participate in state aviation or airport conferences.
- Revise, review or amend instrument flight procedures, including application of facility performance limitations, the nature and extent of interference from physical obstructions, controlled airspace, and communications with respect to applicable Federal Aviation Administration regulations, standards and criteria.
- The NRA coordination and review process involves a wide range of aeronautical subjects. Evaluate the effect of proposed obstructions, altered or deactivated airports, NAVAID outages and revisions to controlled airspace as they affect instrument flight procedures. Take action to amend affected procedures, as required.
- Conduct in-depth programmatic analyses, prepare feasibility studies, and provide program advice.
- Perform conference reviews, audits, and evaluations.
- Use Microsoft Office Tool Suites or specific FAA propriety such as Terminal Area Route Generation Evaluation and Traffic Simulation (TARGETS), Automated Procedure Tracking System (APTS), Digital Terrain Elevation Model (DTED), Obstacle Authoritative Source (OAS) etc. for evaluating and tracking various programs.
- Evaluate and determine the need for waivers of standards for Air Traffic Services instrument flight procedures and waivers of standards for installation of air navigation and lighting facilities and other applications affecting the navigation of aircraft.
- Analyze budget submissions for electronic and visual landing aids; participates in the determination of funding requirements by providing practical advice and recommendations to the FAA concerning adequacy of budget estimates to accomplish assigned programs.
- Identify the requirement and arrange for appropriate surveys to be accomplished in support of NAVAID installation and flight procedure development.
- Maintain liaison with other FAA elements to keep abreast of developments that may affect the Congressional Programs.
- Provide support to the Aeronautical Information Services (AIS) Periodic IFP Review effort. The contractor will review airport IFPs as notified by AIS/Flight Procedures Team (FPT) as related to obstructions, facility performance, aeronautical data and criteria changes, etc., and review NOTAMS with recommended procedural or criteria changes.
- Use Microsoft Office Tool Suites or specific FAA propriety software programs such as Terminal Area Route Generation Evaluation and Traffic Simulation (TARGETS), Automated Procedure Tracking System (APTS), Digital Terrain Elevation Model (DTED), Obstacle Authoritative Source (OAS), etc. for evaluating and tracking various programs.
- Must have expertise in the regulatory requirements contained in FAA regulatory handbook and orders as it applies to Terminal Instrument Procedures (TERPS) and overall instrument flight procedures, in particular FAA Order 8260.3 Terminal Instrument Procedure Development, FAA Order 8260.19 Flight Procedures and Airspace, and the various Orders and Directives addressed therein.
- Computer Applications: capable of applying MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management applications and know how to use the Internet as a data gathering and communicating tool.
- Capable of applying the use and application of TERPS Automation tool, Instrument Approach Procedures Automation (IAPA) and Instrument Procedures Development System (IPDS).
- Military or Civilian Accredited TERPS course with proof or verification of completion.
- At least 4 years minimum experience in TERPS development work.
- Recent TERPS experience within the last 8 years.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Normally requires a BA Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional related work experience can be substituted for a degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
- Previous Air Traffic Control experience at a level 10/11/12 Air Traffic Control facility
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Geographic Information Systems2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.