Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Network Engineer at Camp Walker, Korea. The Defense Information Systems Agency acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The position will provide support to the Operational Engineering Division as a member of the Transport team. The primary role of Transport is to restore any network-impacting event affecting customer service. The team accomplishes this goal using a variety of resources, knowledge, and expertise to perform fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting across various Transport platforms including SONET Optical/Fiber Transport (ODXC/MSPP), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), and cryptographic systems.
- Support engineering project progression, network operations, and management of support activities for Transport networks.
- Collaborate with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts
- Status reporting to the Transport Operations Engineering Manager and customers
- Manages multiple aspects of engineering tasks simultaneously
- Become actively involved in daily operations when required to meet critical schedules or resolve complex problems.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that affect multiple area or disciplines.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc
- Addresses technical issues/problems using best practices and collaboration with colleagues.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience
- DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance prior to start.
- Experience with some or all equipment platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience implementing, administering, performing testing, and analyzing network systems
- Experience in network engineering, configuration management, problem management, and performance management
- Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed
- Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communications, team building and collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of one or more Transport platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
- Experience supervising or leading a team of Network Engineering professionals in an Operations environment. -.)
- Experience understanding and managing customer expectations
- Team and goal oriented in achieving day-to-day objectives and goals
- Able to work independently on complex projects/assignments.
- Able to assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments to achieve results
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.