As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the Department Of Defense Automated Biometric Identification System (DoD ABIS) Sustainment Services And Service Life Extension program. Active Secret Clearance required.
In this Cyber-security role you will provide engineering designs and implementation in all aspects of Cyber Security, and Information Assurance Engineering. This role assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle; validates system security requirements definition and analysis; establishes system security designs; implements security designs in hardware, software, data, and procedures; verifies security requirements; performs system certification and accreditation planning and testing and liaison activities, and supports secure systems operations and maintenance. You will need to be comfortable designing solutions as well as verifying implementation of all aspects of the cyber security profile of the system.
Applying expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operating with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributing to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
• Comfortable implementing and verifying STIGs
• Determines enterprise information assurance and security standards.
• Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures.
• Coordinates, develops, and evaluates security programs for an organization. Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
• Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations.
• Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
• Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies.
• Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures.
• Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
• Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers.
• Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements.
• Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
• Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems.
• Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle.
• Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
• DoD 8570 (e.g. Security+) qualified
• Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years experience
• Secret Clearance and ability to obtain Top Secret upon hire
• Experience with ACAS, HBSS, eMASS, or SteelCloud ConfigOS
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.