The Spatial Solutions Groups at Leidos currently has an opening for a Sys Ops Linux Systems Administrator to work in our Gaithersburg, Maryland office. This is an exciting opportunity supporting our program mission to deliver the next generation of Geospatial Intelligence technologies to our customer. On program, Leidos provides software (SW) development solutions to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) through the delivery of SAFe/Agile-based scrum teams. This includes COTS/GOTS/FOSS integration, SW development, and integrated SW DevOps support to manage, sustain and efficiently deploy baselines at multiple security domains, including both cloud and non-cloud environments.
We develop at the lowest possible classification with a geographically dispersed team. Our program culture offers the potential for flexible work schedules and telework.
Duties will include:
- Works on a small, highly skilled team, which supports mission critical systems by providing technical expertise for server and database support and establishing innovative, time sensitive solutions.
- Performs systems administration tasks (installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching and performance tuning)
- Maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the system.
- Builds, deploys, and monitors, software baselines across multiple domains and environments, ensuring configuration and operability.
- Responds to operational users in a timely manner with troubleshooting support, customer service best practices, and clear communications and issue tracking
- Researches and recommends innovative, and where applicable, automated approaches for systems administrations tasks.
- Coordinates systems architecture changes with organizational engineers and development teams
- Performs disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, and monitoring of data.
- Evaluates and recommends available Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products.
- Advises/participates in design of system architecture and infrastructure support systems
- Performs software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Performs Red Hat Linux server administration.
- Meets expected deadlines so to ensure continued performance of systems.
- Plans software and COTS upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving procedures and best practices.
- Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical teams.
- Analyzes requirements of assigned projects. Analyze and determine information needs and elements, data flow, and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities. Apply knowledge of systems to coordinate maintenance and changes. Test and implement changes. Provide direction to developers as required to effect changes to systems. Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot/provide root cause analysis, restore systems, monitor databases and to analyze and organize data and apply new technology designs and programs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational/training/mentoring activities. Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior level staff
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Highly motivated, very detailed oriented, creative, effective, supportive, talented and a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of assigned tasks, independently determine the approach to fixing problems and push to closure on scheduled milestones and energetic team member who will bring true value to the organization.
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI, with ability to obtain & maintain a Polygraph post hire
- Requires BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Data Management and 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Database analysis/development/report design/building experience and/or as a DBA with Linux /UNIX environments including shell script development and debugging in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux
- Proficient in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Must be able to interact effectively with developers, system stakeholders, and the Customer
- Security+ Certification
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Knowledge of script writing utilizing Python, PERL, and/or Ruby
- Strong knowledge of DevOps tools and processes
- Experience using Agile tracking tools, preferably Jira and Confluence
- Experience in utilizing diverse metrics to drive team improvement
- Experience with Geospatial exploitation tools: RemoteView Pro, SocetGXP, ENVI, ArcGIS
- Experience working with distributed teams
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.