Systems Reliability Engineer --Air Traffic Control
Leidos is seeking a Reliability, Maintainability and Availability (RMA) Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the Federal Aviation Administration's EnRoute Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System helping to advance our transition from a ground-based of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management.
Systems Reliability Engineer responsibilities:
- The RMA System Engineering provides support to aviation ground systems and air traffic control programs.
- Provide primary safety engineering support to government-sponsored programs in the National Airspace System, including safety design requirements, hazard identification, safety risk assessments, and hazard control selection, and verification of safety requirements.
- Monitor safety performance in existing and recently deployed air traffic control systems.
- Provide general safety engineering support with the development and updating of System Safety Program Plans, System and Subsystem Hazard Analysis Reports, Safety Assessment Reports and general customer interactions on a routine basis.
- Requires Bachelors of Science and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Basic Systems engineering experience including requirements development and document development including Technical writing experience.
- Support efforts to comply with government and industry safety management systems manuals, as well as conformance to international safety and software integrity standards, such as DO-278A.
- Familiarity with the ground and airborne aviation environment is highly recommended.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.