The Maritime software team has an opening for a Program Manager Intern to support the development and production environments for unmanned surface vessels on projects of national importance. This opening is located in Arlington, VA. Candidates are often offered full-time positions with the team after graduation and/or part-time positions during the school year following summer internships.
The candidate will support existing program and line management, and will gain experience assisting in management tasks. The ideal candidate will collaborate with other line managers, Scrum Masters, developers, testers, and other interns. Effective communications and the ability to take ownership of tasks are the most important qualities in a candidate for this position.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers and management.
- Assist with coordination and tracking of multidisciplinary projects that involve multiple teams, supporting program management, Chief Engineers, and Lead Software Engineer.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for working with program management and the technical team to identify, analyze and report risk and schedule variances.
- The candidate will be expected to use Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence to create and deliver effective, easily understandable, and concise report deliverables in a timely manner.
- Working towards a degree in a technical or business focused field
- Demonstrated leadership experience through any combination of professional, academic, community, athletic or other activities
- Analytical, detail-oriented, curious mindset with an interest in program finance, policies, administration and deliverables
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
- Excellent briefing, writing, communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Planned graduation date in 2021
- Advanced proficiency with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye/Crucible, etc.)
- Demonstrate experience applying project management principles using industry best practices such as the PMBOK and Scrum/Agile.
- Experience with/exposure to software development
- Exposure to SQL, Linux, C++, and Java
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.