Job Requisition:Research Assistant-Psychology
The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Research Assistant to support studies at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Interact with and assist principal scientist(s) at the NSMRL in all aspects of non-human subject experimental planning, data collection, and data analysis.
- Interact with and assist principal scientist(s) at the NSMRL in all aspects of human subject experimental planning, data collection, and data analysis.
- Conduct literature searches and prepare bibliographies; assist principal scientist(s) with the preparation of research protocols, analyses, and briefing packages.
- Apply precise experimental methods to acquire human-subjects data.
- Prepare necessary support documentation and purchase requisitions on approved purchases.
- Prepare, review, and disseminate various internal or external communications, subject to final Government approval and submission.
- Provide planning and research support to various projects or studies.
- Maintain contacts to keep abreast of developments in field or areas of interest.
- Prepare and/or edit technical or periodic reports, records, documents, and correspondence.
- Assist with coordinating activities and schedules of the research team.
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited US university, or international university of equivalent standard, in a scientific field.
- Candidates must demonstrate expert working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
- Candidates must display a willingness to be exposed to a broad research and management experience in the human performance domain.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Relevant experience in human/animal subject research within a Military setting.
- Demonstrated evidence of scientific achievement as shown by the publication of articles and reports and membership in scientific societies
- Knowledge of and experience writing and editing technical and scientific research information
- Demonstrated ability to speak well and concisely and confer with professional colleagues on a peer basis.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Laboratory Scientist2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.