Job Requisition:System Specialist II
Leidos has a potential need for a Systems Specialist II at our Bremerton WA location.
Under minimal supervision provides hardware and applications front-line support to AHLTA/CHCS end users Interacts with network services, software systems engineering and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify core problems. Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Responsible for maintaining acceptable levels of customer satisfaction according to defined policies Works with engineers to resolve Tier 2 and Tier 3 support issues. Participates in new application rollouts, testing and special projects as needed.
Provides technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of CHCS/AHLTA software/hardware. Activities include recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps. Screens, refers, and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of end-user devices (EUDs), software, hardware, and firmware utilizing experience and understanding of MHS environment and MHS clinical systems.
Virtual Classroom Training: CHCS Applications, AHLTA System Administration
Technical IA Training: Security+ Certification
MTF Specific Training
HIPAA / Privacy Act Training
Type of Tasks to Perform (non inclusive):
1. Assist end-users (both local and remote) with questions, problems and requests for CHCS/AHLTA supported software and hardware computing platforms in person, via phone, or email
2. Diagnose and resolve problems related to CHCS/AHLTA, printers, scanners and other peripherals
3. Provide AHLTA/CHCS user assistance (trouble tickets, etc.)
4. Convey problems to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures. Refers more complex problems to senior IT staff or Defense Health Global Service Center (DHAGSC).
5. Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of service support
6. Assist in special AHLTA/CHCS product-related issues as needed
7. Assist in troubleshooting hardware and application software issues identified by AHLTA/CHCS users
8. Assist in running CHCS and AHLTA data backups that are required on a regularly scheduled basis
9. Provide on-call systems coverage during non-duty hours for scheduled CHCS/AHLTA downtimes or Unscheduled CHCS/AHLTA system failures
10. Other duties as assigned supporting CHCS/AHLTA
Education and Experience
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain ADP II clearance.
- Comptia Security + certification within 6 months of hire.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.