No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
The Simulation Technician (Sim Tech) assists with the general operations of the simulation program by providing technical and general support in the development and use of simulation for the training courses at the Center for Domestic Preparedness. Simulation support of Training and Exercise requirements at the CDP provides students with an enhanced immersive training environment that facilitates their opportunity to treat and manage casualties within a community and/or regional response framework, broadening their specific knowledge and experience in their first responder or first receiver roles.
Specific emphasis at the CDP is placed on the response and management of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) mass casualty incidents, as well as, incidents caused by Public Health, Active Shooter, Natural and or Industrial Events. The Sim Tech reports to the Simulations Team Lead in support of Training and Exercise support requirements. The ability to work in a dynamic environment and with a diverse population required.
• Operate mannequins and computer equipment in accordance with Exercise Department policies and manufactures’ recommendations.
• Act as a paramedic during training exercises. This includes driving an ambulance, performing life-saving interventions on simulated patients, and providing an EMS handoff report to students working in healthcare training venues.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and meet established deadlines.
• Provide occasional support to other departments to included Logistics by assisting in the maintenance and repair of training equipment; transporting and setting up training equipment; and performing warehousing, packing, and shipping duties.
• May perform other duties, such as exercise facilitation, logistics, and equipment management as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Simulations Lead.
• High School graduate or GED equivalent combined with one year of professional experience required.
• EMT, nursing, or other medical background.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to lift, turn, and carry material (up to 60 pounds).
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U. S. citizenship is required.
• Must have an accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act
• Must submit to and obtain final suitability by successful completion of a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
• Ideal candidate will have completed IS 100, 200, 700, and 800.
• Ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of federal response, including NIMS and ICS.
• Ideal candidate will have experience dealing with disaster management, mass casualty incidents, CBRNE incident response, and civil disturbance response.
• Ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience working within one or more emergency response disciplines supporting all-hazards response.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:15
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.